12 x 12 x 2 Block of wood or any size you prefer
12 x 12 Scrapbook paper (heavier works better)
Modge Podge (Matte)
Wood Letter (mine is from Michaels)
1. Sand rough edges of wood
2. paint sides and back of wood, let dry,paint letter
3. Paint a thin layer of Modge podge on front of wood
4. Quickly lay paper on top, paint a thin layer on top, then smooth wrinkles out with a credit card.
5. Using wood glue or podge podge, center letter on front
6. Once dry, use a piece of sponge to add a little paint to the edges of the paper
7. Sand edges of wood and letter to distress
8. Once dry, attach hardware to hang on the wall if desired.
Some other ideas:
Use smaller pieces to spell a child's name or word (love, joy, boo, home, etc.)
Use vinyl letters instead of wood.