Saturday, December 6, 2008

Carseat Blankets

One of our friends bought a pattern for a carseat blanket. So a few of us that had babies got together and made carseat blankets. The picture above is my daughter in hers. Once we figured out the pattern they were super easy. I love mine and use it all the time, especially with the weather getting cooler. Click here if you are interested in getting the pattern.




This week I made one for my friend for her baby shower. My daughter is modeling it above. She is having a little boy so I made her a boyish one, which was a bit easier because I didn't have to do a ruffle, I just edge-stitched the outside edge. My other friends that have boys also just cut the edges so it could have the frayed edge look. The second time around I made the belt/buckle openings a little smaller, I thought mine were too big. Anyways, I love mine and I think they make great baby gifts!