Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Xylophone Cake

Cake can only get better when you add twinkies and a lot of frosting to it! I originally saw the instructions for this cake in Woman's Day back in '03 I think? I can't find the article now, but the directions can be found online here. You can find a lot of other really fun cake ideas on their website as well, but the problem is that the diagrams for how to assemble the cakes are not available online. Fortunately this one was pretty basic, and it looked pretty much like this!
I did have to look quite a few places to find Jujubees (probably because they don't taste very good!), but Target does carry them.

1 comment:

Melissa Dowdle said...

I actually found this blog on Google search engine.

I don't have any kids yet.. but I am married and 3 months pregnant! I was trying to find fun things to make while nesting. Although not all the projects apply yet. I was having so much fun looking at all your ideas.

I noticed you must be LDS. I am too. I think your blog is great! I was so excited when I found inspiration organization.

Thanks for all the great tips.

Melissa Dowdle
Glendora, Ca
http://web.mac.com/sdowdle/Dowdle_Family/Home.html