Saturday, January 30, 2010

Buttercup Bag

So several months ago while looking at another craft blog I came across this bag. I thought it was so cute and what more the pattern is free! I had to make it. So I checked out the girls blog that created the pattern she has other cute patterns you can download for free also for your personal use. But, if you love making them so much and want to sell them you can also purchase the pattern for like $10 and it comes with permission to sell the bags you make. Click here to download your free copy of the pattern. It only takes a Fat Quarter to make the outer bag and handle and a little less than another fat quarter for the lining, so its super cheap to make. I just added the flower embellishment and attached it to the bag. The bag above I made for my friend Kate for a Christmas present. It's perfect to take out on a date with your hubby, or a night out with the girls!

I'm in my ward's Young Women Presidency and back in September we were putting together our Young Women In Excellence night. Our theme for the night was "'Purse'-suit of Excellence". This was right after I discovered this pattern. So my friend Katie, who was also in the presidency, and I got all our fabric scraps together and made enough purses for all our young women as a hand out after the program. The picture above is a close up of some of them.

Here are all 20 bags that we made. We stuffed them with tissue paper and used them to decorate the Relief Society Room for the big night.


We put a cute little quote inside and after the program the girls got to go up and pick a bag. They loved it! So if you're in Young Womens and looking for Young Women In Excellence ideas, this was so much fun.



No comments: